Saturday, September 23, 2017

Top 5 Wednesday: Casting Call



Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly book meme created by Lainey of GingerReadsLainey and hosted via Goodreads group by Samantha from Thoughts on Tomes. Each week brings a new twist on a literary topic and a whole host of book bloggers and booktubers take to the internet with their representations of what that means.
Yes...I realize that today is not Wednesday. It's been a crazy few days and Wednesday did not go as initially planned. I made a run to Bemidji for pig feed and when I got home we worked on pig stalls and moving piglets until well after dark. It was a long and messy task. By the time I made it back inside and fixed/ate dinner, it was 10pm. Then...when I did sit down to actually try and complete this post, my computer decided otherwise. I managed to get a nice blue screen of death and then it did a self reboot. By the time it finished its tantrum, I had lost my steam. 

Thursday and Friday were busy with other farm tasks, including selling some pigs and castrating a few of the boys. I also made a run to the vet on Friday that took longer than planned and spent a lot of time canning. 

So now I'm doing a Top 5 Wednesday on a Saturday. Such is real life, right? We just have to adjust. 


This Week's Topic:

Favorite Fancasts...Discuss your preferred fancasts for some of your favorite characters (actors you'd like to play your favorite characters or imagine your favorite characters as).


This is a difficult topic for me. I don't usually like my books made into movies. They always seem to not quite do the written word justice. I guess I'm just a bit too much of a literary purist? The other issue seems to be that a lot of the books I read already have been made into movies. I'm not sure what that says about my literary choices. It could be either that I have awesome taste and choose the best books or it could be that I'm just a crowd follower. Meh. Whatever. As long as the books are good, right? So...needless to say, this one has been a bit of a struggle. But...let's give it a whirl, eh?

And...since I took a little longer to get this together, I'm adding some bonuses. For each book, I'll be fancasting two of the primary roles.




The Paris Wife is historical nonfiction based upon the lives of writer Ernest Hemingway and his first wife, Hadley. For this matchup, I have cast Josh Hartnett as Ernest and Ginnifer Goodwin as Hadley.






A cute book with characters I very much enjoyed, The Bookshop on the Corner needed actors who were just as cute as the storyline. I've cast Amy Adams as the somewhat flighty, but sweet librarian Nina Redmond. Josh Ritter fits in as Nina's landlord, the gruff but kind sheep farmer, Lennox.






Daughter of Smoke & Bone is a fantasy read requiring actors that could stretch beyond they typical role. I've cast 13 Reason Why's Katherine Langford as Karou and up-and-coming actor Ezra Miller as the beautiful Akiva.




I adored Amy & Roger and I knew that the characters needed to have a homespun feel. They needed to be casted with individuals who could be easily loved. As a result, I've chosen AnnaSophia Robb as Amy and Dylan Minnette as Roger.









One of the best books I've ever read. These choices may feel off the beaten path for some who have read the book, but they just work for me. For rival magicians Celia and Marco, I have chosen Chloe Grace Moretz and Eddie Redmayne.


Have you read any of the books that inspired my fancasts? How do you feel about my picks? Who do you feel fits the part(s)?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips