Tuesday, September 19, 2017

R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril XII Sign Up



Okay...I'm a little late to the party on this one, but I had some things to complete before I could officially begin participating.

RIP XII (R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril) runs from September 1st to October 1st. It's hosted by Andi over at Estella's Revenge and Heather at My Capricious Life.

The purpose of the R.I.P. Challenge is to enjoy books that could be classified as: Mystery. Suspense. Thriller. Dark Fantasy. Gothic. Horror. Supernatural. The emphasis is never on the word "challenge", instead it is about coming together as a community and embracing the autumnal mood, whether the weather is cooperative where you live or not.

The way the challenge works is to take on individual "perils". You can choose as few or as many as you like. It's all about enjoying yourself.

I will be taking on a couple of the challenges:

  • Peril the First : Read four books, any length, that you feel fit (our very broad definitions) of R.I.P. literature. It could be Stephen King or Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Shirley Jackson or Tananarive Due...or anyone in between.

  • Peril of the Group Read : This year we will read and discuss Slade House by David Mitchell. The challenge hosts will post discussion questions on their respective blogs on October 1st and participants can answer them at their leisure and as they like. 


I have a plan for my first three reads... It's easy to line up a pile when they're part of a trilogy.


I'll be ordering Slade House in the next week or so and then I'll be adding that as well. Beyond that...well...we shall see.

This is my first time taking on the R.I.P. Challenge, so we'll see how I do. It's something new and there are really great people participating, so it should be fun. Besides...fall is my favorite season, so this is a great way to embrace it's beginning.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips